Thursday, February 12, 2015

Ragi idiyappam with ginger chutney


I have been busy for couple of weeks..I didnt get time to sit and compose this post.Making idiyappam is my recent favorite , I tried many versions of it.I couldnt click everytime with my dslr.But some of the dishes are clicked only by my phone.I made this for dinner.Healthy and guilt free indulge ,you will be glad making it for your family :) Dont miss the ginger chutney is a great combo with ragi idiyappam.

Ragi idiyappam
Ingredients

Ragi flour-2 cups
Rice flour-1/2 cup
Salt-1/2 tsp
Water-2 cups

To make Ginger chutney
Ginger-1/2 cup
Urad dal-2 tsps
Curry leaves-an arc
Red chillies-3 nos
Tamarind-small pinch
Salt
Oil-1 tsp

Method




1.Boil the water to lukewarm in a pan
2.Mix ragi flour,rice flour and salt in a bowl
3.Add the warm water and make into soft dough
4.Use idiyappam press , make idiyappam with idli steamer
5.It takes 5-7 minutes to cook,once the steam escapes on sides,off the flame

To make chutney

1.Heat a pan ,add oil ,fry each ingredient one by one
2.Allow it to cool and grind them in blender with little water

4 comments:

  1. A healthy giant .....with deliciousness......Nice to know about the combo of ragi idiyappam and ginger chutney.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i usually serve ragi idiappam along with coconut chutney....should give this ginger chutney a try!!looks yummm!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy and healthy Raagi Idiyappa...thats great work Priya...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you

More Recipes

Recommended Post Slide Out For Blogger

Related posts